Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Never Ending Story

The picture I selected for my profile is an old advertisement for the movie “The Never Ending Story.” I first selected this picture due to my love of stories and the power of our imagination to create different worlds. Yet after watching the YouTube video “The Machine is Us/ing Us” by Dr Michael Wesch, and having listened to the first “Information Provision 1” lecture, I have found a dual meaning in this image. I am beginning to realise that the creation of different mediums for presenting, organising and using information is constantly changing and is itself a never ending story. With my limitted knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies I am only just at the beginning of my journey through information management in the digital world and while I feel apprehensive I am also keen to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment