The task of uploading digital photographs onto Flickr this week initially concerned me as I don’t own a camera. My brother kindly lent me some digital photographs he had taken on his trip to South America. To view the photographs simply click on the image of the lamas.
The process of creating a Flickr account was fairly annoying. You have to first create a yahoo email account. When setting up this email you are required to answer a number of personal details such as your date of birth and the post code where you live. I realised too late that I could have lied and maintained my privacy.
Uploading photographs onto Flickr is easy and user friendly however it would be enhanced by a preview screen. When a picture is taken with my brother’s digital camera it is even a numerical file name. To select the pictures I wished to upload onto Flickr I had to have the folder open on my desktop so that I could preview each image then I went onto the Flickr website to add the photo.
A feature I liked about the website is that at the bottom of the page there is an option to bookmark it in delicious.

I agree with the point you made about registering for Flickr and how you have to register with Yahoo before you can open a new account. It is hard to keep track of the sites that you have registered for and certainly hard to fill in the required amount of information whilst still trying to restrict the level of personal information that you put on the web. I do think however that I was able to rename the pictures that I saved before I put them onto Flickr so I was able to identify them later, but I think again that was more a result of trial and error and a bit of experimentation than anything else.
ReplyDeleteI did not see that link at the bottom of the page to bookmark in Delicious, I will have to check that one out, thanks