Saturday, April 4, 2009
LibraryThing
Finally a web 2.0 technology I can get excited about. There are a myriad of ways LibraryThing may be used in public libraries. For a number of years my local library (Bayside) has produced physical bookmarks for different genres such as fantasy, crime, horror, humour and romance. Each bookmark listed authors whose work is held in the library. Now this could be done using LibraryThing. The library could create a LibraryThing collection for each genre and then provide a link to each collection on the library website. This will allow their patrons to casually browse the books available according to their interests.
I’m currently in the process of creating a digital collection of my bookcase and am considering creating a second catalogue of all the library books I borrow so as to keep track of what I’ve read. You can see books from my Library Thing catalogue above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment